New York City – Cleveland – Chicago – Independence – Denver – Moab – Grand Canyon Village – Las Vegas – Los Angeles
The United States is a BIG country! It is very big and it is very diverse. The east coast is very different from the west coast and the coasts are very different from middle America. With this tour, you’ll get to see it all! We’ll start in New York City and travel west to Los Angeles. You’ll see the biggest cities of the United States and the vast wilderness of middle America including the amber waves of grains and rugged beauty of the Rocky Mountains.
- New York City, New York
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Chicago, Illinois
- Independence, Missouri
- Denver, Colorado
- Moab, Utah
- Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Los Angeles, California
- New York City, New York – the largest city in America!
- Cleveland, Ohio – The Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame
- Chicago, Illinois – the tallest buildings of the United States are located here
- Independence, Missouri – the Gateway to the West
- Denver, Colorado – a city a mile high! (elevation=1,609 meters)
- Moab, Utah – Beautiful National Arches Monument
- The Grand Canyon, Arizona – one of the Top 10 Natural Wonders of the World
- Las Vegas, Nevada – the entertainment capital of the world
- Los Angeles, California – home to Hollywood and the original Disneyland!
The United States is 3,168 miles (5,098 kilometers) wide and it takes 48 hours to cross. Over the course of this special 17-day tour, we will be stopping in nine different cities. This is a very fast paced tour with a lot of time spent in the car. Although you will see many interesting sites, there will be many brief, short visits along the way.
Because so much time will be spent in a car on this tour, we will be reading a classic, American novel. We will also listen to an audio reading of the book over the car stereo. We will read the book and discuss the chapters while on the road.
Included in this tour
- Welcome reception at John F. Kennedy airport in New York (JFK)
- Attraction Tickets and Admission
- Hotel accommodations (based on double occupancy)
- 2-3 hours of English lessons per day AND a TEFL certified teacher guiding and helping students all day long!
- Customized textbook for this tour
- US SIM card for your personal mobile device to provide cellular service
- Transfer to and from the airports
- Some breakfasts at hotels
NOT included in this tour
- Airfare into John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) and out of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Some breakfasts and all lunches and dinners
- Health insurance (required)
June 18 – July 3, 2016 – 4-student Tour – $5,500